Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Power of One

When there is no one in your life to encourage you and tell you that no matter what, you are good, you matter, there is a reason for your life, and that you are loved at your most unlovable, you will seek out those affirmations anywhere you can find them.

We must seek everyday to build a team of support around us. And we must in turn be there to give others that support.

When we fill our circle, strengthen the walls, and nurture our garden of friends, no one and nothing will be able to make us feel inadequate, unloved, unneeded, unimportant.

And we will not fall for the empty promises of what comes after death. We will not need to give up on this life and this world.

I am looking out my window on a rainy day, feeling melancholy and being okay with that. Rainy days are good for that. I feel loved and happy. I only hope I make other people feel that way too.

No comments: