Monday, January 19, 2009

Thanks Wendy

A man was having chest pain one day. I was staying by his bed, giving him Nitro and talking to him, trying to calm him and help him relax. His wife was sitting in a chair beside his bed. She told him he had to be okay because his dog would miss him.

I asked him what kind of dog he had. He said, "A Pitt Bull".

Well, I was delighted to hear that. We got to talking about "our" dogs and before we knew it, his blood pressure was down, his chest pain was gone, and I hadn't given him any more nitro.

What helped? The medicine or the dog?

Thankyou, Wendy, where ever you are. You were mine for as long as you were with us and you taught me so much about love and respect.

Who doesn't respect a Pitt Bull? And she gave me a connection to help this man's chest pain go away.

No comments: