Sunday, October 5, 2008

Nice to come home

Tonya and I have been together for a long time. Everyday I am so happy to be coming home knowing she is here. All my stress from being in charge of the ER on weekends seems to melt away. And I can get up and do it again the next day. She has spoiled me though. She was a wonderful department head and a leader in all she did that I get so discouraged at the poor managment we have. I know it can be done better. Tonya in her butch elegance commanded respect and gave it in return. She was a great boss but I'd rather have her right where she is now. Mine!

I was given permission to use this one. Last night we were all so tired at the end of the shift. One of the nurses was giggling behind me. I turned around and she said. "I have a headache and I got a Motrin out of my purse and took it. I then found myself heading for the computer to chart that I gave it.

It took me a minute to see what was funny. "She gave it to herself" Not a patient that she had to chart one. Par for the course of a tired nurse.

No comments: