Thursday, October 9, 2008

Over the Fence

I forgot how good it feels to get out into the woods. Just over the fence once in awhile. A few great treasures still are there to be found. And a couple of my favorite old trees have come down as if to tell me that even they won't stay here forever. I always think of them as my trees. I look at them in the front lawn so many times and tell them to please hang in there for me.
On our trip this August, mom told us how awful it was in Nebraska in the years of the drought and the dust. She spoke of the pain of seeing all the trees dieing around them. As we drove through Nebraska she pointed out the trees that were lined up or seemed to be placed in rows. She said those were all planted when the rains came back.

A nurse story: I was trying to get a catheterized urine specimen from a woman from a nursing home. She wasn't able to understand or help me. Janice came in and asked it she could help me. As we leaned over the lady and each held a leg, I began to clean her and insert the tube. "Hey" Janice said. "I know this lady. I took care of her last week"

We looked at each other and started to grin. Janice wasn't recognizing her by her face.
You know You've been in nursing too long when you start to recognize patients by looking at their private parts

No comments: